Business Development Manager
Victor O’Rourke (Insurances) Ltd
Location: Dublin 6
Contact: Sinead O'Rourke
28th November 2017
Victor O’Rourke (Insurances) Ltd is a growing family insurance brokers with a long history in business since 1969.
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager.
Role Overview: As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for Commercial & General account development. The role is offered on a full time basis, with a one year initial probation period.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced insurance broker, with strong business development skills, customer relationship management and experience in compliance. Some knowledge of Life is preferable but not essential.
Main Candidate Requirements:
- 5+ Years commercial broking experience.
- Professional experience qualification, preferable ACII or working towards ACII, but CIP at a minimum is an essential requirement.
- APA in Life is preferable but not essential.
- Commercial awareness and an ability to evaluate financial impacts to the business.
- Proven Development skills.
- Strong communication and negation skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical contract details clearly and efficiently to both staff and clients.
Key Skills required:
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Self-propelling individual.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, strategic vision and commercial acumen.
- Ability to plan , organise and manage deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Develop leads with potential clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Improve sales and implement new strategies for new business.
- Implement and generate new cross selling leads.
- Ensure that all compliance regulations followed.
- Liaise with Insurance Companies.
- Support Staff with existing renewal retention.
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft word, Excel and Opengi experience.
Salary: To be negotiated, based on experience.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please respond with your Curriculum Vitae, in the strictest confidence, to:
12 Sandford Road