Liability Claims Handler
Contact: Andrew Handcock
4th July 2017
The role of the Claims Handler is to provide a quality service to the customers of a leading Insurer, which meets or exceeds the Insurer’s expectations and generates the revenue to meet the demands of both OSG’s and the Insurer’s businesses. The Claims Handler will be expected to deliver and perform day-to-day tasks pertinent to the team’s activity with a major focus on Quality, Accuracy, S.L.A’s, Procedures and Process improvement. The team member will also be expected to provide effective cover and assistance to the Team Leader.
- Handling standard and non-conventional cases.
- Accurately record claim notifications, request relevant supporting documentation and when required appoint Loss Adjusters in a timely manner.
- Provide effective and accurate advice to claimants based on a strong working knowledge of policy terms and conditions.
- Reviewing allocated cases and achieving settlement, within designated personal authority level, in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Reviews allocated cases and achieve settlement, within designated personal authority level, in line with established standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Manage customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction. Interact with customers directly and liaise with Insurer representatives to ensure the highest level of service and continuous operational efficiency.
- Provide assistance where required in the training of new Team Members.
- Maintain and update Personal Development Portfolio.
- Ensuring that you achieve the minimum insurance standard qualification within the time frame and comply with CPD requirements where appropriate.
- Successfully contribute to the development and delivery of the Team’s Goals, Objectives and Results.
- APA/CIP Qualification desirable
- High level of proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,
- Sound numeric skills
- High level interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills
- Sound knowledge of OSG and its operation as a company (desirable but not essential)
- Willingness to operate flexible hours
- Capacity to work independently and demonstrate initiative and innovation
- Have a full working knowledge of CPC & Central Bank of Ireland Regulatory Requirements.
- Willingness to work positively within a team environment with strong emphasis on support, flexibility and efficiency.
- Understand how to organise work and think through how to get things done most efficiently with the ability to perform on their own initiative.
- Strive to ensure Accuracy and Quality is delivered at all times.
- Focus on skills development. Take action to improve own and others’ job skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be self-motivated, flexible and capable of working to critical deadlines.
Please send a copy of your CV along with any relevant qualifications to Careers@osg.ie
Please respond with your Curriculum Vitae, in the strictest confidence, to: