BIPAR Conference Update Berlin – June 2017BACK TO ALL NEWS
28th Jun 2017
The BIPAR Conference took place in Berlin on 22-23 June 2017. There were many interesting presentations delivered at the event dealing with issues such as:
- the level playing field in insurance distribution whether direct, on line or through the broker channel
- containing the regulation spiral and trying to avoid bureaucratic burden
- implementing EU delegated acts
- closing loops in cross border business transactions and better understanding of passporting
- Brexit and its impact on licencing, fronting, reinsurance tax & outsourcing.
- Preparing firms to meet the CYBER threat and
- Insurance industry in 2030 involves customising products for customers in the fastest leanest way.
Understanding the final articles contained in EU regulations is often helped when considered in the context of the discourse between the commission and EIOPA and the supporting delegated acts.
Contributions at the conference were presented by David Cowan, Team Leader on Conduct of Business Policy, Consumer Protection Department, EIOPA, and Klaus-Peter Flosbach, Member of Parliament and Rapporteur of the IDD implementation who provided some excellent insight into the progress of matters through the Parliament. The slides for the various presentations are available on request.
Susan Naughton – Head of Compliance