Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship 2016BACK TO ALL NEWS
22nd Jun 2016
The first Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship programme will launch in September 2016. Insurance organisations will hire 100 apprentices into the three-year programme, where they will work towards a level 8 honours degree while learning key workplace skills.
This ‘earn and learn’ degree and training programme is designed to meet the needs of today’s insurance industry. Delivered by The Insurance Institute and IT Sligo via a virtual campus, the programme teaches technical knowledge through a formal degree, while developing vital workplace skills on-the-job. All off-the-job academic training is funded by the Apprenticeship Council.
As a professional apprentice, participants will:
- Study towards a level 8 degree over three years
- Work in an insurance organisation
- Earn a salary
- Develop valuable workplace skills
Entry Requirements for Participants
- Minimum 2 honours in Leaving Cert
- 4 additional passes including English/Irish and Maths
- For those over 23 on 1 January of the year of entry, interviews and other selection tools may be used to assess, replacing Leaving Cert entry requirements.
Detailed entry requirements can be found here
Who is this Programme for?
This apprenticeship is designed to attract new entrants to the industry. As a general guideline, it is not open to those already working in insurance or with an existing insurance qualification.
However, if you are working in the industry and would like to learn more about the degree element of this course, please contact email@example.com
2016 Timelines for Employers
- Now to end June: Registration and employer assessments
- June to August: Recruitment
- September: Programme begins
To learn more about this programme, download our guide for employers or supplementary information on iii.ie. You can also review the slides from our recent employers information sessions below.
A member of the Apprenticeship Project team will be happy to talk you through the business requirements of the programme.
T: 01 645 6600
Be first to get updates by registering your interest below!